• Spot in the Cleveland Metroparks: I’m a father of three, so the North Chagrin Reservation is a must. Children are still fascinated by Squires Castle, and it’s the perfect place to picnic and spend the day. It also has the best walking trails.
• Zoo attraction: Wolf Wilderness. They are such amazing and mysterious animals. You’re more likely to encounter a wolf in Ohio than a giraffe.
• Ride at Cedar Point: Hands down, Top Thrill Dragster. I have my own race car and still get the same rush from both.
• Picnic food: Homemade submarine sandwiches. They travel well, and a Vitamin Water goes well with them.
• Annual summer event: Indians at Progressive Field. We’re lucky to have such a great ballpark, and there’s no better family ticket in town.
• Place you’ll find me this summer: Summit Motorsports Park, Thompson Raceway Park, Manakiki golf course and my own backyard.
summer playlist ...
“Born To Run,” Bruce Springsteen; “Midwest Midnight,” Michael Stanley Band; “Born To Be Wild,” Steppenwolf; “Rockin’ in the Free World,” Neil Young; anything off of Pearl Jam’s Ten
summer in the city is ...
A great collection of community, culture and entertainment. We’ve been too caught up in what we don’t have and often overlook what we do. Been downtown lately? Try it. You’ll like it.