- Burgers-N-Beer: Choose from 20-plus burger varieties, served stuffed or slathered in cheeses, veggies and sauces. Don't forget a side of sweet potato fries. 4027 Erie St., Willoughby Ohio 440-954-7867, burgersnbeer.com
- Stained Glass Centre: This place is a kaleidoscopic adventure of color and light, from huge glass cathedral window panels to small ornaments. Take a class, and learn to make your own. 4059 Erie St., Willoughby Ohio 440-942-2551, thestainedglasscentre.com
- The Willoughby Brewing Co.: Lake County's first brewpub since Prohibition was once a rail-car repair depot. 4057 Erie St., Willoughby Ohio 440-975-0202, willoughbybrewing.com
- The Gourmet Soap Market: Luxurious and whimsical handmade soaps and lotions turn your shower into a spa. Popular scents include beach, lavender and raspberry lemonade. 4055 Erie St., Willoughby Ohio 216-854-7202, gourmetsoapmarket.com
- Finestra Gallery: The blown glass and Trollbeads collection is reason enough to visit, but don't miss the trunk shows, parties and artists' receptions. 4076 Erie St., Willoughby Ohio 440-946-3313, finestragallery.com
- Corks Wine Bar: Enjoy affordable wine selections and savory appetizers such as stuffed grape leaves, baked Brie and cold smoked salmon. 4084 Erie St., Willoughby Ohio 440-918-9463, corkswinebar.com
- Gavi's: Upscale Italian peasant food and wines imported from the Piedmont region of Northern Italy make this place a destination in its own right. 38257 Glenn Ave., Willoughby Ohio 440-942-8008, gavis-restaurant.com
- Baby Cakes: Mini cups of confection topped with delicate frosting sculptures of bows and flowers look too good to eat. Almost. Winter's seasonal choices include candy cane, gingerbread, eggnog and red velvet. 4145 Erie St., Willoughby Ohio 440-527-8609, babycakeswilloughby.com
- The Wine Vault: Owner Jerry Thompson can spin a fine story about virtually any vintage and the lore behind its label. The shop French bulldog, Mikey, is known for his nose. 12 Public Square, Willoughby Ohio 440-269-1764, ourwinevault.com
- Elite Repeats Clothing Boutique: Look here for designer or vintage finds on a budget. Snatch up clothing and accessories from Versace and Louis Vuitton at 20 to 50 percent off retail. 38122 Second St., Willoughby Ohio 440-853-6668, eliterepeatsshop.com
- Cast On Café: Silk with a side of merino? Mull the fiber choices over a cup of tea and a pastry at this yarn shop that looks and feels like a diner. Monthly projects encourage knitters to keep creating. 38038 Second St., Willoughby Ohio 440-946-9276, castoncafe.com
- Lure Bistro and Sushi Bar: You'll be reeled in by the modern decor and tantalizing sushi rolls and crab cakes. Steak, chicken and pasta entrees are also on the menu at this hip, upscale bistro. 38040 Third St., Willoughby Ohio 440-951-8862, thelurebistro.com
Here are some favorites we uncovered in downtown Willoughby.
- Willoughby Wheat ($4 per pint), The Willoughby Brewing Co.: There are several tasty brews on the menu, but this one is the hoppy, flavorful original.
- Portabella Burger ($7.50) Burgers-N-Beer: This mushroom-and-Swiss-filled beef patty is one of seven stuffed burgers on the menu. You'll need a napkin.
- Soap on a Stick ($10.50), The Gourmet Soap Market: These kabobs of color, which come in a variety of hues and fragrances, offer a way to dress up your bathroom and make great gifts.
More Info: historicwilloughby.com