2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
1 pound pork tenderloin
1. Cut the pork into 1-inch-by-1-inch pieces. Marinate with the rest of the ingredients for at least 30 minutes. For best results marinate overnight.
2. Heat oven to 375 degrees F and bake 35-40 minutes. The pork should be reddish and firm but not dry.
2 cups fresh egg noodles (Use the egg noodle recipe but cut the noodles as thin as possible)
1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon green onion, sliced
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
1/3 cup Napa cabbage, sliced into 1-inch strips
1/3 cup bok choy, sliced into 1-inch strips
1 teaspoon ground pepper
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1/3 cup garlic, chopped and fried
2 teaspoons ground dried chilis
1 cup bean sprouts
1. In a large saucepot bring two quarts of water to a boil. Drop in bok choy. Blanch for one minute, remove from water with a slotted spoon or tongs, drain and place in a mixing bowl. Repeat with cabbage.
2. Add noodles to the same boiling water, making sure to separate as they go in. Boil until tender and no longer gummy, three to five minutes depending on their thickness.
3. Drain noodles, add to cabbage and bok choy with half the fried garlic. Toss gently to keep noodles from sticking together.
4. Mix in sugar, vinegar, fish sauce, ground pepper, cilantro, green onions, dried chilis and bean sprouts.
5. To serve, lay sliced pork on top of the noodles. Garnish with remaining fried garlic.